Less than 70 Degrees ... Waste of Time

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Less than 70 Degrees ... Waste of Time

Post by MudDucker »

Fished Friday afternoon on the falling tide out of Lanark. Caught a few, but nothing like normal at my spots. Noticed the temp was 68.5 or less. Saturday, I ran to a place where it was shallower and whenever we drifted into 70 degree water, the bite was on.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
mpa_72001

Re: Less than 70 Degrees ... Waste of Time

Post by mpa_72001 »

Water temp never got over 69 for us saturday and we caught a bunch of trout on plugs and some reds in the benefit tournament we fished.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Hey MD......fishing is never a waste of time. :)
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Fished Keaton, water temp was between 66-70 all weekend, caught trout, flounder, bluefish, and Spanish Mackerel. Almost all one jigging. Had a great time both Saturday and Sunday. And that early morning low tide on Saturday was a doozy, super low.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

rockyg wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:09 am Hey MD......fishing is never a waste of time. :)
True dis ... just talkin' bout production. I enjoy wetting the boat whether I put fish in the box or not, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I liked to pull'em in.
hairface

Post by hairface »

hey muddog reading your post fishing out of lanark i ve been down several times since hurricane and can not find the trout am i just in wrong place at the wrong time or has trout population went down fish from carrabell thru lanark to reactor to dog island reef back down behind dog island to river used to load boat now hard to catch any shorts
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

hairface wrote: March 17th, 2021, 8:21 pm hey muddog reading your post fishing out of lanark i ve been down several times since hurricane and can not find the trout am i just in wrong place at the wrong time or has trout population went down fish from carrabell thru lanark to reactor to dog island reef back down behind dog island to river used to load boat now hard to catch any shorts

Micheal really screwed up the grass beds and from what I saw last weekend, there is little grass and more moss on the bottom these days. I had to move a lot to catch fish, but when I found bottom cover and temp, the fish were there. Not as many as in past years. Hopefully, this summer the grass beds will come back out and improve the situation.