2021 recreational red snapper season

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

John21:6

2021 recreational red snapper season

Post by John21:6 »

The Federal Gulf Fisheries Management Council made some decisions today that seem likely to increase the red snapper red catch limits in the Gulf off Florida by at least 6%.

Many of us were expecting a greater increase in the snapper allotment because we’re releasing snapper all the time and because of the the Great Red Snapper Count last year, which revealed three times more red snapper in the Gulf than expected (by the scientists). Fortunately, when additional data is finalized later this year, the Council expects to revise the catch limits.

For more information see: https://gulfcouncil.org/press/2021/the- ... g-in-2023/
Limitless

Re: 2021 recreational red snapper season

Post by Limitless »

Thanks, good info. Now if they would just give us dates for the season. Lot of folks need to get vacation time and/or find a place to stay. As important as the rec fishery, and especially Red Snapper, is to Florida's economy you would think they would try to make it as easy as possible for anglers to get to fish.
bbb

Re: 2021 recreational red snapper season

Post by bbb »

Maybe I missed it or maybe its assumed, but does this mean they are more likely to add more days to the season, or increase the bag limit?

I assume they would not do both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk