New Franklin County Reef

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

New Franklin County Reef

Post by silverking »

Ran across this and wanted to share.

https://thefishingwire.com/new-artifici ... d-florida/

Still unpacking and settling in but a month into the new home and we're are absolutely loving it. Great being close to family and the coast. I've been to Santa Rosa Sound twice now. Gorgeous clear water and lots of fish. They are spooky, though, especially with the super moon conditions. Did manage to sight-catch an upper slot red on a DOA mole shad. They wouldn't touch natural patterns. Guess they are Tex-Mex reds. :lol:

The boat barn/tackle room is coming along. Waiting on some garage doors for the open bays and the team of electricians to get it wired. Found a portable AC/heat pump so I can tie flies, watch the Braves and throw darts in comfort.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
eightwt

Re: New Franklin County Reef

Post by eightwt »

Sounds like you are enjoying new digs. Good for you. Thanks for the info, probably too deep for the long rod though....
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: New Franklin County Reef

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Glad to hear the transition is going well Dave.

Eightwt-you might be surprised at some of the tippit records for red snapper. I believe some could be broken in our neck of the woods...
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.