Econfina River Nav ?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cleanlivin

Re: Econfina River Nav ?

Post by cleanlivin »

I'm not sure who put all those new markers in the river or how they determined just to mark those few rocks but Ive been fishing down there for over 15 years and there are way more rocks than that going out the river. If i was someone trying to learn the river i would watch other boats and see which way they run. Also the so called river channel changes often at the mouth of the river due to storms and shifting sands.
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

cleanlivin wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:25 am I'm not sure who put all those new markers in the river or how they determined just to mark those few rocks but Ive been fishing down there for over 15 years and there are way more rocks than that going out the river. If i was someone trying to learn the river i would watch other boats and see which way they run. Also the so called river channel changes often at the mouth of the river due to storms and shifting sands.
They were done by D and L Contracting hired by Taylor Co.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

There also used to be and old Lil wooden sign at the last curve to the right down on the left hand side of the river, I used to use that as my guide at the end , was told years ago run toward it then turn headed out, cause if you start your turn to soon and run out down that right hand side ain’t good, and I have seen it before at low tide and it ain’t, have seen a boated grounded there as well , but have noticed it has been gone the last couple of times was there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I thought it was sort of funny that they marked a lot of new rocks that I've never hit and left all the sunken trees in the river that you have to dodge on the way out.

The other issue is the non-frequent boaters often think those markers are the channel edges.

Things should be pretty interesting at the Econfina in the next month or two.

- Steve Stinson
Outdoornerd

Post by Outdoornerd »

I seen the new markers--helps ALOT!!!
flatsbroke22 wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:45 pm
cleanlivin wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:25 am I'm not sure who put all those new markers in the river or how they determined just to mark those few rocks but Ive been fishing down there for over 15 years and there are way more rocks than that going out the river. If i was someone trying to learn the river i would watch other boats and see which way they run. Also the so called river channel changes often at the mouth of the river due to storms and shifting sands.
They were done by D and L Contracting hired by Taylor Co.