BOTTOM MACINE QUIT WORKING

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

BOTTOM MACINE QUIT WORKING

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have caught a few fish but nothing spectacular lately. My bottom machine quit working on Saturday while we were offshore snapper fishing. I think it's just the transducer but I don't want to spend any money on this unit. I am considering a Lowrance Elite FS9 with the active imaging 3 n 1 transducer. I fish out of a 22 ft. bay boat and generally don't get deeper than 70 feet or so. Is this a good choice ?

Thanks
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Re: BOTTOM MACINE QUIT WORKING

Sorry I misspelled machine and don't now how to fix it.
bbb

Post by bbb »

What brand was the bottom machine that quit working? Was there an error message?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Its an older Lowrance HDS. No error message.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

THOMAS CITY CURVE wrote: June 9th, 2021, 1:40 pm Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have caught a few fish but nothing spectacular lately. My bottom machine quit working on Saturday while we were offshore snapper fishing. I think it's just the transducer but I don't want to spend any money on this unit. I am considering a Lowrance Elite FS9 with the active imaging 3 n 1 transducer. I fish out of a 22 ft. bay boat and generally don't get deeper than 70 feet or so. Is this a good choice ?

Thanks
Old Dog recently bought one, maybe he'll comment. I don't have the newest FS model but I've had two Elite 9's and I've seen Old Dog's FS model in operation.. I love mine and imo they're awesome machines for both inshore and off.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Run a pretty large Hummingbird on my Ranger. Love the graphing and side imaging in those depths. Better than the Lowrance HDS I had previously. Can’t speak to the unit you reference. Let us know what you decide.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Picked up the Lowrance at Academy on Friday. Got it installed yesterday. Easy to operate,chart is pretty nice. Haven’t been on the water yet but will report after first trip.
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Made it out on Saturday and Sunday. New machine works great , chart detail is much better than I'm used to and the sonar picture is awesome. Side scan is pretty nifty also but will take some time to get used to. Very happy with this purchase over all.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Somebody turned onto Thomas City from the north yesterday as I was going north on 59. Thank goodness I was going slow lol!
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

BloodyChamp wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 8:08 pm Somebody turned onto Thomas City from the north yesterday as I was going north on 59. Thank goodness I was going slow lol!
Definitely don’t want to have your tongue stuck out when you hit those speed bumps.