Reel Repair by Jim customer review

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rockyg

Reel Repair by Jim customer review

Post by rockyg »

Last month I dropped off some of my spinning reels to Jim Hanshaw at Reel Repair by Jim. They were long overdue for some attention. I have always cleaned and serviced my own reels, but these new fangled spinners are complicated critters, so I sought professional help. Jim was a pleasure to talk with and his shop is right next to Tallon outfitters, so you can visit the firearm candy store while you are there. He said give him a couple of weeks and he was good to his word on both price and timeframe.

I finally had a chance to put them to good use yesterday. I cannot overstate the difference Jim made. The reels feel like they are brand new. The upgraded drag washers he sugested are like butter. Zero start up friction, absolutly smooth, far better than I expected.

So I would have to say I was 110% satisfied with the work Jim did.

Thanks again Jim.

Reel Repair by Jim
https://reelrepairbyjim.com/Home.php
850 445-4889
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
redcodefsu

Re: Reel Repair by Jim customer review

Post by redcodefsu »

Who around here repairs rods?
2003 Key West 1720
2004 90 hp 2-stroke Yamaha
1950's Grumman 17' Double Ender
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

He works on rods also
Sun Daze

Post by Sun Daze »

rockyg wrote: February 28th, 2022, 7:49 pm Last month I dropped off some of my spinning reels to Jim Hanshaw at Reel Repair by Jim. They were long overdue for some attention. I have always cleaned and serviced my own reels, but these new fangled spinners are complicated critters, so I sought professional help. Jim was a pleasure to talk with and his shop is right next to Tallon outfitters, so you can visit the firearm candy store while you are there. He said give him a couple of weeks and he was good to his word on both price and timeframe.

I finally had a chance to put them to good use yesterday. I cannot overstate the difference Jim made. The reels feel like they are brand new. The upgraded drag washers he sugested are like butter. Zero start up friction, absolutly smooth, far better than I expected.

So I would have to say I was 110% satisfied with the work Jim did.

Thanks again Jim.

Reel Repair by Jim
https://reelrepairbyjim.com/Home.php
850 445-4889
Jim is the man!! Been using him for years now, and am beyond happy with the results. Can't recommend his work highly enough. :thumbup: :thumbup:
PhishingNole

Post by PhishingNole »

He repaired a rod for me and did great work at a very reasonable price.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Good to hear, I have a couple of reels that need a good cleaning and a rod tip fixed , I’ll gather them up and drop off to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Thanks for sharing.. I got a fleet of old gear I need to drop off. I tend to place the reels in a corner of the garage and keep trucking with new one.

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Another vote for Reel Repair by Jim. Excellent, local service at fair prices. Good to hear he's doing rod repairs now also. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat