Anyone going scalloping??

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Anyone going scalloping??

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Seasons opening up. Who's going? :-D
rockyg

Re: Anyone going scalloping??

Post by rockyg »

It's time for me to post my annual "why I hate scallop season" grumpy old man rant.....but I'll skip it this year. :lol:

It really used to bug me when I ran my Gheenoe LT-25 out of the Lighthouse. The floating grass would be insane with hundreds of boat anchors tearing up the bottom. I could run about 200 yards before the prop fouled. :smt011 Now that I'm in my skiff the 115 SHO runs thru all that grass like it's not there.

So....bring it on I say. 100 degree heat, Snapper season, Scallop season, et all. It has me dreaming of Fall already. :smt007
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

rockyg wrote: June 14th, 2022, 11:20 am It's time for me to post my annual "why I hate scallop season" grumpy old man rant.....but I'll skip it this year. :lol:

It really used to bug me when I ran my Gheenoe LT-25 out of the Lighthouse. The floating grass would be insane with hundreds of boat anchors tearing up the bottom. I could run about 200 yards before the prop fouled. :smt011 Now that I'm in my skiff the 115 SHO runs thru all that grass like it's not there.

So....bring it on I say. 100 degree heat, Snapper season, Scallop season, et all. It has me dreaming of Fall already. :smt007
Can you imagine what the Lighthouse will be like with the Fort ramp closed. :smt011
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Anyone actually going scalloping?
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

I'm glad the St Marks zone isn't opening early this year. Those little guys need more time to grow! I might go scouting this weekend.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-Wife and I doing Keaton Friday. We'll see how it goes. :-D
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I'm going to have to take my wife even if I have to rent a boat but it won't be opening weekend. Going to panacea, Boca grande, and Marco island across 2 weeks has not won me any favors.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk