Great Return On An Investment

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Top Redfish at this weekend's Rockin' Reds will pay a minimum of $1,500 (this will grow this week as registrations flow in). If it's weighted in on Saturday, it will also win the Saturday Big Redfish Prize of an extra $500. All entry fees are returned and the Redfish entry fee is only $150 per BOAT (this is not per angler, but per boat). As it stands now, there's a minimum ROI of 10X the entry fee for the Redfish Category, not bad considering most boats fish with at least 2 anglers.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
rockyg

Re: Great Return On An Investment

Post by rockyg »

Interesting viewpoint. I had not ever considered a fishing tournament as an investment.

I wonder if my wife would buy that? She is always after me to quit wasting money on boats and fishing and concentrate on contributing to our investments. :lol:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

rockyg wrote: June 21st, 2022, 12:37 pm Interesting viewpoint. I had not ever considered a fishing tournament as an investment.

I wonder if my wife would buy that? She is always after me to quit wasting money on boats and fishing and concentrate on contributing to our investments. :lol:

First place on the Redfish is over $2,000 now, that doesn't include the $500 if it's weighed in on Saturday nor the $1,000 one lucky SeaTow member will win for weighing a fish. Tell momma you've got to be a provider, you are gonna bring home some meat and some cabbage :lol:
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I'll be the first one to sign up for that tournament just as soon as they go a strictly photo release format. It's done all the time nowadays using your phone which time and date stamps the photo.

Then the "big Red" would really be a big one, not just fat. :)
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

good luck!