How to Fish Ochlockonee Bay?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

lhuillrc

Post by lhuillrc »

We have been staying on Alligator Point in early April the last few years but have had no luck surf fishing. We are coming down to the area next April again but are staying at a cottage on the North side of Ochlockonee Bay that has a fishing dock. Would anyone consider helping me out with how to fish in April from a dock? What might I expect to catch (if anything). I can reciprocate with a free fishing trip for Chinook and Coho Salmon, Steelhead, Brown Trout and Lake Trout on Lake Michigan if ya ever head up to West Michigan.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Your success fishing off a dock is going to be tidal. I’d use live shrimp free lined off the dock and cut bait on the bottom.

Depending where exactly your place is located; trout and redfish cruise up and down the bay. Your success can be determined by the fresh to saltwater ratio.

I suggest using a green dock light to attract fish at night; could possibly help.
MCC

Re: How to Fish Ochlockonee Bay?

Post by MCC »

April should have good numbers of Trout and Reds that are hungry. Everything Redbeard mentioned Is accurate but one more thing to try would be a good ole popping cork with live shrimp.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

You’re right in the mix of good fishing. Bring a kayak, canoe or any small vessel you can. Will open up worlds of opportunity
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Definitely look to rent a kayak or two for a couple of days, or even book a trip with one of our local Captains !

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
J Holden

Post by J Holden »

Life's too short to fish off docks.

Wading will open up a pile of good fishing and requires nothing more than some old tennis shoes.