Keaton/Spring Warrior Fall fishing??

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slayer

Keaton/Spring Warrior Fall fishing??

Post by slayer »

Hey all, was wondering about Fall fishing in the Keaton Spring Warrior area….

Recently retired and wanted to spend some extra time in that area….. most of my fishing was limited to Spring Fishing that area, since I only had so much time to take off…

I know the area very well, and do good when we are down fishing…

Sooo…. What do y’all consider to be the best “Fall” fishing months??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

doomtrpr_z71

Re: Keaton/Spring Warrior Fall fishing??

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I can even give you the best day, the week of the Sunbelt ag expo in October is the best time to me to fish for the fall, specifically the Friday afterwards.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton/Spring Warrior Fall fishing??

Post by Steve Stinson »

I would say the fishing is driven more by the temperature than the month. The best time varies depending on how cold winter gets and how much rain it brings in the Fall. Rain and dark - trashy water tend to mess it up some. The past couple days here (I live in Lamont to the South of Monticello) have been the first hint of fall and the water temp is starting to drop so fishing should be improving.

The colder the temperature gets, the more the fish crowd into the creeks and rivers. If it warms up for several days, they will move back out on the flats.

Looking at the description of your boat, I think the biggest challenge for you is going to be getting to those creeks. The Winter time low tides become more drastic and the creeks will separate from the Gulf at times. I fish a 20' SeaArk and my buddy and I have had to get out and push it down Spring Warrior Creek on more than one cold winter day. He still sort of shivers these days when I mention "Spring Warrior" and it's a wonder he fishes with me at all anymore. :-D

- Steve Stinson