Alligator Point/Panacea pointers

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Beard

Re: Alligator Point/Panacea pointers

Post by Red Beard »

Dustin,

The creek flows in and out with the tide.
Dustin4185

Post by Dustin4185 »

Well, a year later and we are back again. Fished Alligator harbor without much luck on Monday. Went to Bottoms Rd ramp and went towards Piney island. Right off the bay hooked and landed a 28” red! We fished that area a while and caught a few small trout and another small red. Went across to Piney island and fished the channels/creeks that were flowing with the tide. Hooked 10-15 trout and two more nice reds that we were able to keep. My son was upset because I had to throw a few back after throwing mine in the cooler and he hadn’t caught a keeper yet. He hooked up with a nice 24” red with a medium light rod. That was a blast to see him fight it and get it landed without me. Definitely going to have to get him a net! The weather looks rough for the rest of the week, but we will be back next year I’m sure. I may bring a boat or a Gheenoe down next time after finding that area. It didn’t seem too risky to run an outboard through there.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Awesome. Sounds like a good day!
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

Sounds like a great day of fishing! Enjoy the rest of your trip if you stick around down here for a bit...