Apalachicloa Bay

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

videodog

Apalachicloa Bay

Post by videodog »

Hi Folks,
it's been years since I've been to this forum but i used to follow it every week, spring thru fall for a lot of years.. I've been visiting and fishing the Bay since 1971 when a college friend from Moultrie took a group of us camping on the then (empty of houses) east side... As my children grew up we all looked forward to our yearly trip to the Gulf, Mostly St. George or Grayton... We had wonderful times..
This will possibly be my last trip and since it's been over 8 years since I've been there I'm asking for advice about fishing the Bay, I will have a well used Pontoon, and if I can afford it hire a guide for a couple of days.

My questions are about buying bait, Ice, Ethanol free Gas, and How much Michael changed the channels in the bay. We used to like the Back of Little St. Geo Grass, and the long Oyster ridge before St. Vincents... The cut looks like it would be hard to fish now, but we always liked it on the tide shifts.. Are there any mapping apps that show the new changes to the depths in the bay after Michael?

This last trip is to celebrate my 70th b-day with the Family.. Too expensive to continue yearly..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
flatsbroke22

Re: Apalachicloa Bay

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Michael really hasn’t changed anything. It did redirect the channel coming into the bay from ocean side but has since been dredged back to the way it used to be. Best place for bait and fishing info is Fisherman’s Rest in Eastpoint.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

flatsbroke22 wrote: May 14th, 2023, 8:33 pm Michael really hasn’t changed anything. It did redirect the channel coming into the bay from ocean side but has since been dredged back to the way it used to be. Best place for bait and fishing info is Fisherman’s Rest in Eastpoint.
I think it's Fisherman's Choice.
flatsbroke is right, not much changed and those places you mentioned are still good places to fish.
Forgottoncoast

Post by Forgottoncoast »

Are you fishing behind dog island??