- Posts: 11995
- Joined: March 9th, 2002, 8:00 pm
- Location: 30° 13' N, 85° 40' W
BigBendFishing.Net has put the following rules in place for all message boards to ensure enjoyment by all users. Our goal is to make sure these forums are a positive experience for everyone. Users who continue to violate the rules of posting messages in the message boards will be entered into a database of Banned Users. This information will include your IP address (a unique number assigned by your Internet provider), so we can track you—and ban you—even if you post under multiple names and/or email addresses. Posting using someone else's alias is strictly prohibited.
The popularity of BigBendFishing.Net necessitates a need to establish a more extensive list of rules for all forums. The establishment of these rules has been given much consideration by BigBendFishing.Net. These rules have been established to create a professional atmosphere in all of our forums, including the BigBendFishing.Net chat room. All persons posting in these forums should be treated with respect and in a manner, which will create an enjoyable positive experience for all. These rules are not contestable.
BigBendFishing.Net has a selection of moderators who help patrol the posts and topics on these forums. These individuals have donated their time to assist us in making this a popular place to come share with fellow fishermen/women. Please keep this in mind and treat all moderators with the utmost respect. Though we strive to maintain the same objectives throughout these forums, it is impossible for us to always be consistent from one moderator or administrator to another. If you have a problem or have caught something you feel is in direct violation with the rules of BigBendFishing.Net, please email Barry@bigbendfishing.net.
The staff of BigBendFishing.Net reserves the right to remove any post, topic or person for any reason we see fit.
1. No vulgar language or profanity - This includes inappropriate words, racist statements, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements. This includes no posting or linking of any adult related material (pornography, videos or adult humor). We would like BBF.net to be 'PG' at most. Remember for every one person posting there are at least 50 reading so try to keep it clean.
2. No threatening, abusive or harassing comments.
3. No slanderous or libelous posts - Knowingly making false claims about a company, organization or an individual are prohibited.
4. No topics and/or statements, which could be used to reflect poorly on fishing and other outdoor activities. Anti-fishing and other posts indicating a stance against the fishing, water sports and sportfishing industry will be removed.
5. No discussion or challenges to our editing policy are allowed within the forums. If you disagree, or want clarification as to why a particular topic, post or individual was removed, you must email email@example.com. BigBendFishing.Net moderators, administrators and staff will NOT respond to any inquiries or challenges of these rules or decisions on the public forum. However, we will respond to email inquiries.
6. Please do not post anything that could be used by "anti-fishing" groups to support their cause. Remember, it is easy to take comments out of context. Keep this in mind as you post, since anti-fishing groups may visit this site in search of ammunition for their cause.
7. No advertising or product marketing. No commercial ads allowed. This includes links/images in signatures. If you are a "site sponsor" your company logo may be used as your avatar and/or your signature. BigBendFishing.Net has a free for sale or wanted area for personal sales of items such as equipment and boats. An advertisement is categorized as an outright attempt to solicit business. Any such posts may be removed.
8. Linking - Links to products and personal pages are allowed under certain conditions. We reserve the right to delete any link for any reason. Please be aware that linking to another website for promotions of an event or product may be considered advertising and may result in your post being removed. If you are unsure whether your post falls into this category, please contact a moderator BEFORE posting. Site Sponsors and Advertisers are free to post links to their businesses or promote special sales opportunities on the board within reason. However, anyone abusing this privilege will be contacted privately by the administrators.
9. Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to "pick a fight."
10. No spamming; do not post the same message in every topic with different titles, but with the same message. Only post, your message into the topic it most relates too.
11. While we encourage lively debate, we will not tolerate personal attacks. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning and have their message removed. Any future incident thereafter will result in that member being removed from the forum.
12. Members are to respect the designated TOPIC AREAS when posting their message. This includes off-topic and sales information that does not belong in the other forum areas. Those who post messages not relating to the topic area may have the threads closed or the posts deleted.
13. The inclusion of pictures within messages is allowed on this site. Referring to images on other sites should be done so sparingly if at all. This not only uses up bandwidth between sites, but often the images are copyrighted and protected by that site. Images or links to images are not to be included on our site without the express written permission of the owner of the copyrighted image(s). When posting images try to them under 640 x 480 resolution and under 20K.
14. Forum rules and guidelines are not up for debate. This is not a democracy, but rather a private forum. Anyone openly debating the rules we have set in place will be removed. Moderators of this forum are not to be argued with when enforcing forum rules and guidelines. Anyone arguing with a Moderator against disciplinary measures will be removed from the forum.
15. Please keep in mind that deleting, moving, editing or locking of your post is not intended to be an attack or insult. We have been managing this board for sometime now and have become competent at spotting topics that cause problems. The actions are usually to keep the peace, keep the interaction on the board friendly or keep content in appropriate section.
16. We will NOT allow bashing of our sponsors. They make BigBendFishing.Net possible and we have to respect the fact that they pay our bills. All threads of this nature will be deleted.