BBF website updates

Use this area to test things like pictures and signatures.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

zharris

BBF website updates

Post by zharris »

We're making some updates to the backend of the website. Mostly behind the scenes stuff where the average user probably shouldn't even notice any changes. I plan to post some test messages in this thread just to make sure everything keeps running smoothly during transition.
If anyone was logged in to the forum this afternoon and suddenly found themselves logged out, that's because the site was updated to https (secure). Just log back in with your existing credentials and you should be good to go.
Temporarily serving as update mechanic for this website. Please let me know if you are experiencing any (new) troubles.
zharris

Re: BBF website updates

Post by zharris »

Forum itself updated and back up after momentary downtime. Mods and extensions such as tapatalk next to be upgraded...
Temporarily serving as update mechanic for this website. Please let me know if you are experiencing any (new) troubles.
zharris

Post by zharris »

Tapatalk upgraded

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zharris

Post by zharris »

Just a few hours after we completed Friday’s update of the site, the forum software released another minor upgrade. Such is the world of updates which never ends! Anyway, we’re caught up with the latest and as long as this initial test post goes through everything appears to be running smoothly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
zharris

Post by zharris »

Some people have recently had posts blocked due to Spamhaus IP checking. That problem should be fixed now, but let me or bman know if you run into such problems. If you are unable to message us here on the forum, my email username at hotmail.com is the following: zacharyharris.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Looks good!

Thank you!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Well, it allowed me to post. How about adding the feature where a user can delete their post. Thanks!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

MudDucker wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 5:18 am Well, it allowed me to post. How about adding the feature where a user can delete their post. Thanks!
or someone else's post.

Joking aside, you might consider making the Moderator's Forum invisible to everyone except Admin and moderators. There may be issues they don't want everyone privy to.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
zharris

Post by zharris »

Juan wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 7:39 amyou might consider making the Moderator's Forum invisible to everyone except Admin and moderators
Done.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

:thumbup:
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
zharris

Post by zharris »

MudDucker wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 5:18 am How about adding the feature where a user can delete their post.
Done, with two caveats:
  1. "The user may only delete a topic or post if it has not yet been replied to."
  2. "Moderators, who have the approve posts permission, can restore soft deleted posts."
zharris

Post by zharris »

We had some technical maintenance issues arise on the site recently. Things seem to be back in working order now, with the exception of a couple features on the main homepage that haven't returned to the way they were because the code for that theme seems to be broken even though updates are current.

Let me know if anyone is still having any unexpected trouble with the forum or the site in general.

Thanks,
Zach
zharris

Post by zharris »

Another issue which cropped up in recent days has been fixed. Hopefully all is well on the forum once again.