Regarding the Annual BBF Social and BBF in general

This is where you will find the latest info about changes or updates to the message board.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Regarding the Annual BBF Social and BBF in general

Post by Tom Keels »

Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that we will not be having the annual BBF Social this year.

Life has caught up with me and between work and family I regret that I just do not have the time nor energy to put into the social this year.

As many of you have noticed, my fishing activities have been curtailed over the past year. As such my time on the site has also diminished. Life has changed for me and my priorities have shifted. I just don't have the time and energy to give the site the time in needs/deserves. With that said, I am announcing that this will be the last year of BBF in it's current form/ownership.

I have made some truly special friends over the past 10 years the site has been up. I hope to continue those friendships in the future. This site has always been a labor of love and I'm very blessed in how it turned out.

I would be open to offers from folks who would like to continue maintaining the site. There is a monetary component to this as I have a few bucks tied up in the site and I would like to be compensated if possible. I would prefer the site not "die on the vine" so to speak so if folks want to step up, please email me.

Nothing will change right away, so please continue to have fun and enjoy the site.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Regarding the Annual BBF Social and BBF in general

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Been a hell of a run T.
Thanks for having all of us.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Thanks for everytying Big T, it has been a heck of a ride. I have made some great friends on this site and it is tough to say good bye. It has always been the highlight of my daily routine to check in here. I hope we can come up with a solution to keep it going. I will certainly be willing to pay anual dues if that is what it comes to.

Dave Walton
Team Jolly Mon
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Thanks Matt and Dave.

Let me make something clear. This has NOTHING to do with money. Money has never been the driving force behind this. Donations and ad money has made it easier, but that is not the motivation behind the announcement.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Tom - Check your email and give me a call when you have time.

Thanks - Steve Stinson
509-3116
groupertherapy
Site Sponsor

Post by groupertherapy »

Can't imagine life without BBF. Hope there is a resolution to continue all the work that Tom has invested in it. Huge thanks to you Tom!
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Tom Keels wrote:Thanks Matt and Dave.

Let me make something clear. This has NOTHING to do with money. Money has never been the driving force behind this. Donations and ad money has made it easier, but that is not the motivation behind the announcement.
Tom, we realize that and know how much of your personal time you have invested. I personally can't thank you enough for that. I have so many close friends as a direct result of your work and I consider you a good friend too. I have used this site as a tool to sell things, ask questions and advice and to laugh a little. I wouldn't have known you without this site. Rest assured, we will keep it going and want you to stay part of it. Steve, sounds like you might have an idea in motion. Let me know what I can do to help. There are enough of us regulars that will do whatever is necessary.
Team Jolly Mon
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

WOW,We have to keep this site going! I look forward to checking it every day for fishing reports,on-going news,sales etc.....Thanks Tom for all your efforts and if I can help let me know....
Knot on Call

Post by Knot on Call »

I hate to hear this news as well. I haven't posted much on BBF but i check all the new posts almost daily.
beer_fixes_all

Post by beer_fixes_all »

I am new to BBF, but have found it to be a great site, I hope it will continue. I like to fish, drink beer, use sarcasm, and work on computers for a living so if any of those talents will assist in keeping this site going then please let me know.
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

This site has been a great resource and social link, Tom. A sincere Thank You for all the time, effort and resources you have invested into it. :thumbup: :thumbup:
bman

Post by bman »

I HATE to hear that.

Tom, you have created a great place and Ive met a lot of great people (including you) that I would never have connected with without BBF.
Cant imagine starting my day without it.
I'm hopeful something can be worked out :thumbup:
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Tom, I sure do understand the "why’s" of your decision. Like some have indicated, I certainly hope a way is found to have the site continue and I would be willing to support it any way that would be effective. There must be a solution other than everybody migrating to FS. :smt010
Thanks for all the work and patience that you and Chalk have put in to maintain a wonderful site that I know sometimes required walking a pretty thin line with some folks (me included).

I have a sense that there might be a bunch of folks here who would be willing to have at least a going away social in Feb. Although, the raffle and such have always been a welcome part... we don't really need them for it to be successful. Getting together, the cooking, the food, JT's lies, etc. are more than enough for me to be there again. If the NFGFC can get a few folks together for a cookout at a club tournament, we sure ought to be able to put on a nice one for BBF. Regardless of how things turn out, I personally owe you, (initially and Chalk after he joined in), for 9 years of having something really special. I still have the picture of you, myself, the first place check ($52), and standing in front of the fish you caught to win first place in a tournament. :oops: Thank you my friend. :thumbup:

Bud
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Like many of the replies already, I understand Tom's situation. I visit the site on a daily basis and have met some great folks through here and the fishing club.

With the interest out there I'm confident there's a solution in the making. If I can help, let me know. If the site does continue with new direction/owners, I will remain a sponsor as I have for several years now.

Capt. Dave Lear
Fin-esse Charters
850-320-2001
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Sorry to hear this news, Tom, but understand things change in all our lives. Maybe, someone here can pick up the slack and keep us going. Good luck in whatever you do, and we will see you at the Coast along the way. :) Quinn