Saint Marks 9/5

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

salty_dog
Site Sponsor

Saint Marks 9/5

Post by salty_dog »

Not too much of a report but for me any report is worth sharing...

Took my son Steven out to some shallow rocks off of Saint Marks and let him suit up in a complete set of gear. He is going to take lessons next summer but let him play around under close supervision in a 7 foot rocky area off Saint Marks. We had a blast and saw a lot of fish. It got pretty windy later in the afternoon which made for a rough trip back from the east. There were so many boats on the sandbar it looked like an island with trees when I came out of the river.

A new diver has been initiated. All Steven talked about at dinner was telling his mom about all the things he saw during his 40 minute dive.

We had a great time.
RiverRunner

Re: Saint Marks 9/5

Post by RiverRunner »

That's awesome, my dad took me down for the first time on his octopus rig when I was eight. I was diving with my own gear not long after that.
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Re: Saint Marks 9/5

Post by cmccord »

Great way to start a youngster. Glad you had the opportunity to introduce him the right way. :thumbup: :thumbup:
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs