super vis

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

AQUAHOLIC

super vis

Post by AQUAHOLIC »

had a plan to go out yeserday with two buddies but one called last min and said he was sick :smt010 so just two of us went and we took turns diving.put the boat in headed down river bout 730 with perfect weather it was a pretty good ride 8) the frist spot was 43 ft and with perfect vis I mean top to bottom perfect i went down and shot 1 gag 3 hoggs went to the secound spot allen went down he came up with 2 hoggs and said there was much more but with speargun problems he couldn't shoot them.well went to another spot someone was sitting on it so we ran bout half a mile and dove some other rocks no big grouper but seen four big red snapper :smt011 they got lucky this time ended up with a few hoggs .after pulling anchor noticed that boat was moveing so we went over and it was a good move alen went down and said he didnt see much but i knew there had to be grouper there so i went back down in a different direction ran across a bigg rock that was covered with bigg gags and hoggs shot a 18 pounder and finished my hogg limit.moved about 2 miles to check out another spot allen went down not knowing what was in store he left his gloves in the boat :lol: he went down and and spent a good while in the same spot i figured he would shoot maybe a few hoggs or a red grouper that sucker came up with 3 hoggs 2 nice gags and 2reds. since we had close to our limt we decided to look for new bottom.Came across some rocks in 33ft i went down pretty good spot lots of short grouper both gag and red not many hoggs but i did manage to out smart 2 dumb red grouper with our limit of gags reds hoggs and 5 emtpy tanks we figured we would have a nice cold adult beverage :beer: and come on in with smooth water we ran 30 to 35 all the way.
all in all it was good diving good vis good weather good beer and a good day
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Re: super vis

Post by cmccord »

Great report. Glad you were able to make it out. I'm starting to feel the need for some bottom time myself. Well done for a 2-man trip. :thumbup: :thumbup:
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: super vis

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Great report, take some pics next time.
Team Jolly Mon