another great trip

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

AQUAHOLIC

another great trip

Post by AQUAHOLIC »

went out monday 9/20 stoped at frist spot and to my suprise you could see bottom very clearly from the boat and even fish at 40 ft.Me and george went down and found that this spot was loaded with huge gags and big hoggs I spoted the biggest of the trip on the way down put him in my sights and started to him but so did george glad i got there frist cause he was a good one,as we hit bottom i shot the big one but george followed shortly after with a good one his self.As quick as we reloaded two more took there spot ofering a perfect easy shot ,so about 5 min in to the dive we was limited out on gags(man it sure is hard to pass up a legal grouper when there as stupid as these fish was)so we started on some pretty good size hoggs I managed to get my 5 and i belive he shot 2 or 3 can't remeberwith a mess of fish we headed up.got to the boat took some pics and headed to another spot also in the 40ish range this time george and a new man to the diving sport lucas went down.as they was desending I thought it would be cool to watch since the vis was so clear.I put on my mask and snorkle and watched as they worked back and forth down the ledge man it was killing me to hear all the shooting going on sounded like a spear gun war after about 20 or so min they came up with lucas's limit of gags and hoggs.once they got in the boat and we high fived on a heck of a tripp we decide to head towards the hill instead of trying to find some red grouper(scared the temptation would be to much to bare if we seen any more big gags)once we gott packed up we discovered it was only 12 oclock so we got a cold one and headed in .it's always nice to have fish and boat cleaned before 4 by the way we never seen a wave over 1 ft it was a perfect day to be on the water. :-D
Chalk

Re: another great trip

Post by Chalk »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Nice. Headed out tomorrow.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

cmccord
Site Sponsor

Post by cmccord »

Nicely done. Sounds like y'all had a great day. I hope to make it out here soon myself. Looking forward to fall diving. :thumbup:
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Nice work Aqua. You and Tom's posts are making me want to get back into the sport.
"Plan for the worst."