7-12 panacea

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

boomhauer

7-12 panacea

Post by boomhauer »

July already and no dive reports? Geez, are we the only ones out there...

Anyhow, its good right now so get on it if you like to dive. We got an early start after watching a storm or two pass by on the radar. It looked good so we took off in my flats boat. There was minimal wind , bit the stacked SE swell was a real pain. We eventually eased out to 30 ft and were thrilled with great vis. The top was dark but overall vis was no problem at all. My buddy bubbled down on the first rockpile and since I was a little board , I freedove whole he wandered around . After 2 or 3 dives, I boxed a beautiful male hog pushing 20". My buddy came up shortly later with a sheep and a small hog. He saw fish but was having trouble hitting them with his short gun. He told me to suit up and I ablidged like a good friend. Two hogs, a flattie and our limit of gags later, we were breathing easy. We checked a few more spots and picked of a few more hogs and another flounder before heading in at 1pm. Our prior trip to Lanark several weeks ago before Debbie was awful .... Bottom vis was undivable. This was a much needed good trip. We hope to hit it again next week. The gags weren't huge but there were good numbers of keepers. There was one or two big male hogs per spot , but none were loaded.
Great day!

Now I've broke the ice, let's see some reports!!