Mashes 9-29

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

boomhauer

Mashes 9-29

Post by boomhauer »

Started at daylight which is much later than during the dog days.... I like the long days so much better. Left mashes to a light chop and headed south to 40ft..... Trolled in our chosen area and picked up some small kings and a big Spanish which gave us a good start.
I hopped in at the first spot to find dark warter on top, but clean water on the bottom. Lots of life and small gags. Took a nice hog or two before heading up. We took a keeper red from that area before moving east. We then found TTB vis in a few areas,but surprisingly one small area next the the TTB was awful vis.
Great day overall with 3 gags , 2 reds, 9 hogs, 1 sheep, 2 kings and a Spanish.

Get out there now ... It's great!

Oh and write a report so I'm not alone
Dixiewreckd

Re: Mashes 9-29

Post by Dixiewreckd »

Nice! Im eating 1/2 my hogfish now. We went aways out Saturday from St. Marks. When we got to the boat ramp at 9am there was plenty of parking. It was a Beautiful day. I cant believe the launch was so dead. Anywho, Vis was 30+ feet. Shot 1 nice hog. (only one i saw) and 4 gags. Saw the biggest jewfish of my life though. That thing had to be 300#. Found a 50# anchor with chain and line and i Nice shimano setup. lol No kidding. Then we Hung out at the sand bar till 3 then called it a day. Get out there before it gets to cold.