Dog Island 12-9

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

boomhauer

Dog Island 12-9

Post by boomhauer »

Ran 1/2 day afternoon trip to squeeze in a few drops before the weather turns south.... NOAA was right for a change, finally. The water at the end of the Lanark canal was crystal clear foretelling good things. This was good news since I had heard some bad vis reports. We did 5 drops in very comfortable water, 3 mil. The vis was perfect for shooting... We wound up with 4 man limit of beautiful hogs, with 7 or 8 over 20". Great average size. We also had a few triggers...

Did I mention big gags were everywhere..... On every stop. Just before riding in we trolled a loop around the area we were In and wrestles in 2 gags pushing 15 lbs in about 10 min....

At that point we were crying as we released the last one and just headed in.....

Get in while its good!
DWilliams

Re: Dog Island 12-9

Post by DWilliams »

Thanks for the report. I ran out of St. Marks on Sat and it was not 1' or less and managed to catch a box of seabass. Could make out the dark spots in overcast so it should be good outta St. Marks too.
Dixiewreckd

Post by Dixiewreckd »

boomhauer wrote:Ran 1/2 day afternoon trip to squeeze in a few drops before the weather turns south.... NOAA was right for a change, finally. The water at the end of the Lanark canal was crystal clear foretelling good things. This was good news since I had heard some bad vis reports. We did 5 drops in very comfortable water, 3 mil. The vis was perfect for shooting... We wound up with 4 man limit of beautiful hogs, with 7 or 8 over 20". Great average size. We also had a few triggers...

Did I mention big gags were everywhere..... On every stop. Just before riding in we trolled a loop around the area we were In and wrestles in 2 gags pushing 15 lbs in about 10 min....

At that point we were crying as we released the last one and just headed in.....

Get in while its good!
What depth were you guys in? 30? What was the water temp?
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Great to hear that they are there thick! :thumbup: