DI 6-3

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

boomhauer

DI 6-3

Post by boomhauer »

Late report for Monday, been a little caught up with the weather. We had high hopes with good recent vis reports, and thought we could squeeze in a trip before the weather. Launches at Lv around 7 and made quick work of a lite swell. Vis wasn't as good as expected , but was shootable and the lack of current made up for it. First dive I. 35 ft by myself was surprisingly devoid of legal hogs, but did have a few decent gags and jewfish.( I refuse to call them GG). I took one gag around 25" and we headed to next drop. Oh, and I did see a tiny scamp which was cool . Next site I had found trolling this spring. A buddy dropped on it and came in with 4 big male hogs, and a decent gag. He saw a huge gag but couldn't get close. We continued to work the 35 ft area and would pick off a few fish off each. Vis remained about the same through the day. Saw one small cobia and no kings. Finished with a 3 man gag limit to 30", 10 hogs to 20+" , 2 red grouper, and a few scrap fish ..... Good day overall, great to be out there!
fireant21
Site Sponsor

Re: DI 6-3

Post by fireant21 »

:lick: Nice! Pics please if you have them.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Nice fish and thanks for the report! Hoping to get offshore tomorrow.
boomhauer

Post by boomhauer »

Still haven't figured out how to post pics yet