Get it while its good....

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

boomhauer

Get it while its good....

Post by boomhauer »

Got out for scouting Thursday and spearing on sat off dog..... Vis good thurday, great sat. Sat the seas were rough all day, but we didnt care since the vis was good, fish were there and current was nil. We started at 32ft and when I hopped in to locate the ledge, I could see the bottom! ..... Sweet. After some swimming around to locate the breaks, I started seeing fish. I ended up with 3 hogs to 20"+, and a sheepshead freediving.... Beautiful color on the rocks with Angels and other tropicals.... Not many grouper here , but the hogs were big. Next ledge I had found in the spring and had pulled some big gags off it trolling . Vis still good there. Nice gags met me on the sand and after to stare downs, I had two gags o. The stringer. Took a few nice hogs there too.... Let the triggers pass as they wouldn't have made 14". Last dive was on a ledge I found scouting two days prior. On the day I found it I freedove down to it in 42 ft and saw a big male hog, but he wasn't around sat. The gags made up for it and I took two more laying up under the ledge. Saw numerous othe gags and a school of small aj's and some small hogs.... Great little ledge, but no more than two feet tall.... Washed out everywhere which the gags love....

Total was 4 gags 25-28" , 8 or nine hogs to 20"+, one sheep and two Spanish.

Get out there now if you like vis.....

In exchange for the tip..... Just make sure to post a report. I fell pretty lonely on the spearing threads lately....
Outdoorsnole

Re: Get it while its good....

Post by Outdoorsnole »

Great report. I haven't dove in a couple years but finally got a boat where I can run offshore again. We've done okay fishing but these reports are making me want to get back in the water more and more!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Get it while its good....

Post by SS-342 »

I don't dive but I sure did enjoy reading your report. Thanks!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP