Few firsts and great vis

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

boomhauer

Few firsts and great vis

Post by boomhauer »

Ran out early out of mashes to beautiful calm seas.... Flew out to 30 ft and started lookin around. Ran over some new bottom and before I knew it, had a 24" gag on a stretch. Barely had him I. The box and hooked a double as I was turning back. 30 and a 24, the latter went back. I pulled in lines and ran to 40 ft. The water was georgeous! I could see the anchor flukes while I floated on the surface. It was like swimming in an aquarium with all the fish swimming around Spanish mid column, then black snaps, then grouper hogs and grunts aj's etc. nothing huge but great to see with that vis.
One dive I started down and saw a remora... ????? Yep , then I saw his ride. 6 hammer. Absolutely beautiful.... Probably wouldn't have thought so if it was murky.
Before I left the area , I swam down to unhook the anchor and there was a big firebrick sitting on it. Oh well , his lucky day.
Awesome day, best vis I've seen in a while.

God has made some cool stuff!!!!
fireant21
Site Sponsor

Re: Few firsts and great vis

Post by fireant21 »

PICS MAN! You are killing me. Very nice day.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

That's some promising news! Thanks for the report. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. :thumbup: :beer:
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

boomhauer wrote:God has made some cool stuff!!!!
You had better believe it!

Thanks for the reminder and the good report.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Wish I was there..... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.