Boiled Peanuts

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TallyFish

Re: Boiled Peanuts

Post by TallyFish »

FishinFool: Indeed, the rain may have caused an upsurge in the boiled peanut thread however, it has been my experience that interesting people do interesting things. They also continue to try new ways to do old things and are always experimenting keeping life interesting for themselves and others. You and the other thread participants just happen to be interesting people!

><))))°>
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

good price on peanuts around here they are going for 37.00. Try some Everglades season along with the salt that you put in the peanuts.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

TallyFish wrote:FishinFool: Indeed, the rain may have caused an upsurge in the boiled peanut thread however, it has been my experience that interesting people do interesting things. They also continue to try new ways to do old things and are always experimenting keeping life interesting for themselves and others. You and the other thread participants just happen to be interesting people!

><))))°>
That was a nice thing to say about us boiled peanut lovers, thanks!

Just thought of something else to say about the boiling business. We found out as a child that boiling peanuts in a cast iron wash pot caused them to turn dark or black. We didn't like them so dark so used other type pots. We had peanut boiling parties and all the children in the community would come. We played lots of exciting country games like "Half Right and Half Wrong" , ate boiled peanuts arounds the fire and told ghost stories. Boiled peanut parties were an interesting part of my life growing up.

Wonder if country kids still have boiled peanuts parties?
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

I'm with you Welby. Turn them off, add salt and let them soak.
Bubba_1122

Post by Bubba_1122 »

Easiest way I've found to do boiled peanuts: Use an InstantPot.

Cook 3 pounds of jumbo peanuts for 45 minutes (will take 20-25 minutes to pressurize, 45 minutes to cook and then I leave them in the pot for exactly an hour to release the pressure and soak in the salty water).

My recipe calls for the 3 pounds of jumbo peanuts along with 3/4 cup of salt (I actually add a couple of tablespoons of Louisiana Cajun spice and then fill measuring cup to 3/4 with sea salt). I'll put my salt in a pitcher of water so it'll dissolve some. Fill to the line in the Instant Pot with water, stir it real good, put the top on and crank it up. Let it run through it's cycle, cool down and releast the pressure (again, I usually leave it an hour after it's finished cooking).

It's really easy and very tasty (no more spending all day trying to hit it just right on the fish cooker or stove).