Trout Rolls

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Trout Rolls

Post by silverking »

Trout Rolls
Fried still seems to be the most popular fish cooking method in the South, but the delicate flavor of seatrout lends itself well to alternatives. Here is one of my favorites:

* Cut skinned filets down into narrow fingers
* Place fingers on top of bacon strips (pork or turkey) and roll together into a tight cylinder of meat. Poke a toothpick through the middle to hold the shape.
* Brush each roll-up lightly with extra virgin olive oil and then dust with your favorite spices. Italian seasoning works well, but don’t be afraid to experiment with other dry rubs.
* Place the roll-ups on a fish grate on a grill over hot coals. Turn a couple times with tongs.
* Grill approximately 20 minutes or until the trout turns white.
* Serve with rice pilaf and crusty baguette
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Trout Rolls

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Sounds good. Do you have a pic? Do you mean roll it like a hockey puck shape?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

No photos. I'll take some the next time I fix them.

I use turkey bacon and lay the filets/fingers flat on top. Roll both together and they end up looking more like short cylinders than hockey pucks. Very tasty. The bacon adds flavor and holds the moisture of the fish.
2true

Post by 2true »

I had Chicken Parmesan rolls at Stars Italian Restaurant in Ft. Meyers Florida. They were out of the world delicious. I bet you could do the same with Sea Trout.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

I'll have to try that.