Grilling fish????

Post your favorite recipes here.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Grilling fish????

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

What's your favorite spices for grilling? I'm trying lemon pepper, garlic salt and a little paprika tonight. Image. Trying out the new basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spoton
Site Sponsor

Re: Grilling fish????

Post by spoton »

For me, depends on the fish. For redfish, I drizzle on butter and fresh lemon juice, and sprinkle a little Tony Cachere's creole seasoning on it. For trout, I use very little other than salt and pepper with butter and lemon.
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

H-N-M
that is a injustice not to fry that fish
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Blue spinner wrote:H-N-M
that is a injustice not to fry that fish
. Lol fried is bad for me. So trying to be healthier. I still love it fried but want to eat more fish so I need to grill it.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

spoton wrote:For me, depends on the fish. For redfish, I drizzle on butter and fresh lemon juice, and sprinkle a little Tony Cachere's creole seasoning on it. For trout, I use very little other than salt and pepper with butter and lemon.
. Sounds good

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Fish was good. The weber fish basket is the bomb. Fish came right out of it no sticking.

Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

I steam most of my fish as a healthier alternative, except for trout and reds. In my kitchen they're to be fried and grilled, respectively.

I have only had cobia once, pan seared it and loved it. I bet cobia on the grill is super tasty.

I'm super vanilla and usually use just salt and pepper.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

In an attempt to get some of my high school runners who turn their nose up at fish but eat cow, I tried to come up with a marinade that makes reds taste like steak.

Mixed olive oil, lots of worcestershire sauce, and minced garlic, with some pepper tossed in. Diced onions also go into the mix.

It's still fish, but looks kinda like steak due to the w. sauce, and a big platter of grilled redfish empties out in no time after track practice.
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Cayenne pepper and paprika is my goto base. Then garlic and lemon pepper. I've also started brining fish in a strong salt mix with wirchestershir sauce and a few other spices. I like to slow cook it. A buddy of mine will brush it with blue cheese dressing and garlic.

But, if you can get the grill hot enough, you can't do much better than blackening with a good rub.
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
Russ@R&R

Post by Russ@R&R »

Marinate for a few hrs. in Zesty Italian dressing. Sprinkle on some Old Bay & Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, grill directly over coals. Brush on mixture of fresh lemon juice, butter & any other spices you like.
BldHnd86

Post by BldHnd86 »

Russ@R&R wrote:Marinate for a few hrs. in Zesty Italian dressing. Sprinkle on some Old Bay & Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, grill directly over coals. Brush on mixture of fresh lemon juice, butter & any other spices you like.
X 2 And occasionally will use Mccormick Smokey Mesquite seasoning on Redfish
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Anybody on here ever grill shark or bluefish? They are good.
Yours in the South
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

YOU BOYS NEED TO TRY SOME (SWEET BABY RAY'S BAR B/Q) SAUCE BASTING REGULARLY ON BOTH SIDES, ALONG WITH PLENTY OF SALT AND PEPPER.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

Don't forget the backbone! That's my favorite part when I grill redfish. As for seasoning, I just use whatever seems good and/or is handy at the time. It's all good. :lick:
JWCAMILLA

Post by JWCAMILLA »

I let them soak in beer, any light beer for trout and darker beer for reds, overnight then add butter, sea salt, lemon pepper, cajun spices. Grill on tin foil over coals. Keep adding beer after each bite. LOL.
"KEEP ON KEEPING ON"