Looking for some bream

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

leesburgga

Looking for some bream

Post by leesburgga »

Question from a kayaking newby -- My 16 year old son and I just bought our first kayaks a couple of weeks ago. Of course, we have big plans (St. Marks, ponds, creek, etc.) - we have been fishing the flats in a 19' center console. As for now, we are interested in some public ponds or lakes to catch some bream and that are accessible by kayaks. We live in south Georgia and are considering Lake Jackson or Lake Iamonia. Are we on track, and if so, any practical advice to get us started with would be greatly appreciated.
leesburgga

Re: Looking for some bream

Post by leesburgga »

Nothing?
bass3769

Post by bass3769 »

Veterans state park at lake Blackshear or up the kinchafoonee creek, Muckalee creek, or lake worth/Chehaw are good bets for Bream in Albany. Some guys from work do pretty good fishing at these spots. Also try Paradise PFA in Brookfield past Tifton. a lot of ponds. you just needs WMA pass from DNR for paradise PFA. if you put in at 19 on the kinchafoonee you can float down to cox landing and take out there.
bman

Post by bman »

Jackson is loaded... try out from Millers Landing or the Crowder landing ramp.
Fish the weed lines and it wont take long to find them.

Talquin had plenty too!

Crickets are the easy ticket but flyrods with popping bugs or a beatle spin will catch plenty of fish
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
J Holden

Post by J Holden »

St Mark's NWR ponds. The ones off Surf Rd in Sopchoppy and the ones down by the lighthouse. Massive bream and Warmouth in both.
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

Put in below Warwick dam & start fishing when you get past Volkswagon rock. Take out at 32. Wait until water goes down some, so shoals are visible from 32 bridge. Fish in front of & behind shoals & along shallow side of river in other places. When you get to house on set of shoals past the train Trussell, stay to left and get out and walk yaks across. Or keep everything low in boat and maybe you'll make it through the Indian fish trap. If you don't, you'll lose everything. Pack a lunch.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

The only thing I understood from the previous post was pack a lunch
bass3769

Post by bass3769 »

GaryDroze wrote:The only thing I understood from the previous post was pack a lunch

You would have had to fish the flint river to understand. :D
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Thanks...had no idea which river was described. Sounds like fun!
bass3769

Post by bass3769 »

GaryDroze wrote:Thanks...had no idea which river was described. Sounds like fun!

It is pretty fun especially when you have a new person cruising in a fiberglass boat and the hit a shoal wide open. they slowed down then hit the throttle again(hate to see the foot on that outboard). LOL