Deck Split on 2010 Hobie Pro Angler

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Flatout
Site Sponsor

Deck Split on 2010 Hobie Pro Angler

Post by Flatout »

Recently found a split in the deck on the left side near the front of the seat. Need some advice, do I take to Wilderness Way to see if they can repair, or buy the Hobie Plastic Welding Kit for $70 and do it myself? Who has been down this road before, need some good advice?
Attachments
Deck split 2010 Hobie Pro Angler
Deck split 2010 Hobie Pro Angler
Be Good, and Take your Medicine!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Deck Split on 2010 Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MudDucker »

I would contact Wildness Way and at least let them tell me what it would cost to fix. Some of that plastic welding can be iffy.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

That seems like and odd place for a split under normal use. Did it come off a roof rack while traveling? If this was not caused by some unusual impact, I would contact Hobie and see if they would help.

- Steve Stinson
Flatout
Site Sponsor

Post by Flatout »

Had some Health Problems and left the Kayak on a trailer for about a year with a custom cover over it. But out in the heat and cold I suppose the expansion and contraction caused it and it is a 2010. Thx, Wilderness Way probably has seen this and worse before, thx for the input. Oh, and BTW Rodents love the salt in the bungees and ProAngler mesh seat...... some one told me I should have put some moth balls in a zip lock bag and put under the cover...
Be Good, and Take your Medicine!