Heritage Kayak

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Florida268

Heritage Kayak

Post by Florida268 »

I have been looking at the Heritage Angler 10 foot sot at Academy Sports. Is it a good yak stable and easy to paddle. Your reviews would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: Heritage Kayak

Post by Flint River Pirate »

You should look at a few other brands before buying a Heritage. The Feelfree Moken 10 and Vibe Skipjack are both under $500 and much better boats. I've paddled all 3 and personally, the Heritage wouldn't be something I would want to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Jolly Mon
cotton

Post by cotton »

Most folks here paddle 12-14 foot yaks. Generally, the longer, the faster. You'll also want the extra space. Watch craigslist for one.
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

I have a Redfish 12. It could better.

The seat isn't as comfortable as the newer models with elevated seats. The front hatch isn't as functional with the smaller round cover. The rear hold is pretty wet, as is the ride. The boat weathercocks pretty poorly.Tracking is okay, but not great. Manuverable yes, easy to paddle yes, it's a very forgiving hull, pretty quick but I wouldn't call it fast by design. Poorish initial stability but actually okay secondary stability. I'm 6'2" 220 lbs and I stand on it just okay. It is lightweight enough to throw on a J bar, carry to the launch without wheels, and will hold just the essentials. I do manage to catch a fish off of mine every once in awhile, somehow...
2Salty

Post by 2Salty »

If possible, "paddle BEFORE you purchase."
deer30084

Post by deer30084 »

For me, Hobie is the only kayak in existence.