Shell Point

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BillytheKid

Shell Point

Post by BillytheKid »

The wife and I took a last minute trip to Shell Point after work with the kayaks. We put in at the beach at about 6:45 and fished East of the channel. Water was a little rough, but not so bad that our anchors couldn't hold. Ended up with a couple keeper trout, a nice Spanish mackerel, and a few lady fish. On a side note the mackerel was the first one my wife had ever caught, and at 24" it gave her light tackle a good run. She's pretty new to saltwater fishing, so she wasn't sure what she had caught. I had to hurry and pull anchor to rush over and she what she had caught because she didn't know. I asked her what it was and her reply was "I don't know.....it's big....has a lot of spots......and lots of teeth"
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Shell Point

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Vibe_Yaker

Post by Vibe_Yaker »

Thanks for the update. Three weeks ago got skunked.
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

We have been skunked plenty of times. We put out at blue dolphin ramp yesterday around 6:15 and worked our way around to the big oyster bar on the right. Wife caught 2 cats and I got skunked. Wind was pretty bad though.
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

Might be heading to shell point after work for a few hours with the yak. Got skunked last trip, so I need some retribution.
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Fished yesterday early morning there. Only one 20" trout on a clouser. Only bite of the outing. Some mullet jumping, one turtle spotted. Still nice to see sun rise on the water
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

Caught a nice 24” redfish around the oyster bar on a top water lure. Saw one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen and also watched the blood moon rise on the water. I could have stayed all night.