Lighthouse Report

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tallyfins

Lighthouse Report

Post by Tallyfins »

Went out on Sunday with flyfisher86 and caught a few fish early on near the oyster bar, but as the sun came up and the temp as well, the fishing fell off. He caught a keeper trout and I caught my first redfish ever and then caught another one a few minutes later. Both were about 12" long and it was fun to finally catch one (or two). I threw them back to grow a little more for next time. I also walked along the shoreline and wade fished a little. There was lots of action but mostly nibbles as it was pretty warm by then. The water was definitely clear wherever I went. While wading, I spooked about a 3' bonnethead. I think he scared the $!@# outta me more than I did him! Had to check my drawers after he swam past. Better than a gator I guess :) I'm definitely ready for some cooler weather. Relatively, it guess will be 'cooler' starting next week, so we'll see.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Lighthouse Report

Post by DixieReb »

We had a bonnethead about that size come up and check out our boat last Thursday. And a big sheepshead. Fish must be curious about the long thing floating in their ocean.
Yours in the South
fishTheBend

Post by fishTheBend »

Must have been the same one that tailed one of my keeper trouts on Saturday while reeling it in. #myFish
DixieReb wrote:We had a bonnethead about that size come up and check out our boat last Thursday. And a big sheepshead. Fish must be curious about the long thing floating in their ocean.
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

Caught a 3' bonnethead in my yak there a few weeks ago. First one I have ever caught.