Hagen's Cove kayaking

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

badweatherbiker

Re: Hagen's Cove kayaking

Post by badweatherbiker »

BloodyChamp wrote:I’ve never been here but I was thinking about checking it out since I’ve gotten pretty good with the castnet. If I walked around enough just throwing it could I catch a few? While I’ve gotten pretty good with the cast net, I can’t say I’ve gotten much better figuring out what they heck mullet are doing or thinking lol!
we went back out there Saturday morning and although I didnt ever do any fishing just paddling and exploring, I did see tons of mullet at the tip of Piney point
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Cool thanks. That tidal creek that opens up huge on Google Maps at the source looks interesting to.
badweatherbiker

anyone planning a trip here again soon?
badweatherbiker

I am headed there Tuesday (6-1) if anyone wants to do a little fishing and paddling
badweatherbiker

caught several catfish and a couple small trout but no keepers, still a nice day on the water
TheReelPapaSquat

Post by TheReelPapaSquat »

Glad you had a good trip. How was the floating grass. I was fishing the week before last off of Spring Warrior and had to fish around it. Surprised to see that much this early.
badweatherbiker

Next to none present while I was there, I believe by July it will be everywhere though