Found Fly Box

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eightwt

Re: Found Fly Box

Post by eightwt »

Red Beard wrote:Glad they are making their way back to you.. I’m not into fly fishing yet, but I’m well aware of the art and passion. There has been some flys out at the Shell Point ramp on the pad, I always stop and admire them. Usually pick up a few that have been blown off and put them back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What pad are you speaking of? I think some ramps/fishing areas have fly libraries where you can borrow or put flies for others to use. Will donate if that is what the pad is for.

Thanks to FlyrodC, Will, etal, again for return of the flies. Amazing how effective social media can be.
Red Beard

Found Fly Box

Post by Red Beard »

eightwt wrote:
Red Beard wrote:Glad they are making their way back to you.. I’m not into fly fishing yet, but I’m well aware of the art and passion. There has been some flys out at the Shell Point ramp on the pad, I always stop and admire them. Usually pick up a few that have been blown off and put them back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What pad are you speaking of? I think some ramps/fishing areas have fly libraries where you can borrow or put flies for others to use. Will donate if that is what the pad is for.

Thanks to FlyrodC, Will, etal, again for return of the flies. Amazing how effective social media can be.
At shell point on top of the ramp fee box is a seadek mat for the leave one take one thing. It may have a castaway customs engraving on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Never noticed that, but I buy an annual pass so don't ever mess with the daily ramp fee.

Glad the box and owner are soon to be reunited! :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

silverking wrote:Never noticed that, but I buy an annual pass so don't ever mess with the daily ramp fee.

Glad the box and owner are soon to be reunited! :thumbup:
Same here, SK, have the pass. Will put some flies on it.