SGI - 1 NOV 2020

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Terrier

SGI - 1 NOV 2020

Post by Terrier »

Headed to SGI this morning for a little fishing - forecast winds showed up, but I was able to fish the beach for a few hours with the wind at my back. Not much going on with the bluebird day, but I did manage a 21" trout and a 19" red from the surf, both on a bead chain white clouser. These came around 10:00 Am in about a 20 minute period. Headed over to Rattlesnake Cove/Youth Camp Boat Ramp for a couple of hours and did get a 16" flounder but that was it. Wind was pretty strong but the water was clear. Hope the cooling water kicks things off.
Last edited by Terrier on November 2nd, 2020, 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FishWithChris

Re: SGI - 1 NOV 2020

Post by FishWithChris »

Nice work on the slam!

sent from the Ketchup Packet
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Nice slam Terrier. Been too long since i've ventured down there. Miss it. What the flounder fall for?
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

flounder went for a clouser - "Lighthouse Special": olive over chart over white with gold, pearl and copper flash

Funny thing, the flounder picked it up when it was sitting still - I was moving to a spot to recast and just letting it sit.