Fly Tie Night!!

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dudewheresmyplug

Fly Tie Night!!

Post by dudewheresmyplug »

What's up guys! Just wanted to make you aware that there will be a fly tying night Thursday sept. 9th at Glory Days Bar and Grill in Tallahassee on Capital Circle NE. We will meet for some food around 6 and then start tying around 7 until. This event is being hosted by the Big Bend Fly Fishing Club, and sponsored by Wilkinson Fly Fishing and Plug & Fly Charters! We plan on doing this the second Thursday of every month until the end of the year. If we get good participation we will keep it up going forward. We have a few vises that can be on loan, but they are limited and will need to be spoken for ahead of time. Materials will be provided for a small fee, that will include a bag of all the materials you will need to tie the flies we will be demonstrating. Hope you can make it!

Capt. Jay

Plug & Fly Charters
FlyrodC

Re: Fly Tie Night!!

Post by FlyrodC »

Crud, wish I could make this. Maybe the November Fly Tie night I can be there. Love to hear more about what you end out tying.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Oh man this sounds like a blast. As a rookie with no experience fly tying I could use this.. but I’m sure the amount of help I would need would be humorous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

I'm a tentative here, but plan on trying to come play. Glad to see these nights back in action!

sent from the Ketchup Packet

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I attempted fly tying, and quickly uncovered my lack of talent. However, during a long-ago military assignment to the Pacific Northwest, I got into salmon fly fishing, and still own a collection of 20 unused steelhead flies from Oregon legend Al Brunell (Google him). Will happily trade this classic collection for a few streamer/minnow imitations, as I am now down to one fly, due to redfish breakoffs at the St Marks Refuge tidal creeks. Can meet you at the fly tie event, or PM me.