October Fly Tie Night!!

The place to discuss the finer points of fly fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dudewheresmyplug

October Fly Tie Night!!

Post by dudewheresmyplug »

What's up guys! Just wanted to make you aware that there will be a fly tying night Thursday Oct. 14th at Glory Days Bar and Grill in Tallahassee on Capital Circle NE. We will meet for some food around 6 and then start tying around 7 until. This event is being hosted by the Big Bend Fly Fishing Club, and sponsored by Wilkinson Fly Fishing and Plug & Fly Charters! We plan on doing this the second Thursday of every month until the end of the year. If we get good participation we will keep it up going forward. We have a several vises that can be on loan, but they are limited and will need to be spoken for ahead of time. Materials will be provided for a small fee, that will include a bag of all the materials you will need to tie the flies we will be demonstrating. Hope you can make it!

Capt. Jay

Plug & Fly Charters
FlyrodC

Re: October Fly Tie Night!!

Post by FlyrodC »

Jay, if it's in the same timeline in November, I'll be there. Coming down 11/2-11/17. PS - post a link if you and Evan do a monthly report. Enjoy listening to the discussion.

Also planning on doing the Steelhead Fly for Clouser trade with Gary Droze while I'm down there if he hasn't already completed a trade.

Counting down the months to retirement so that we can get down there by 11/1 each year for the winter.
FlyrodC

Post by FlyrodC »

Also, today I'm fishing a small creek today on a ranch that a friend of mine owns. The creek feeds the Beaverhead River and has some surprisingly nice Browns in it (18" is not unusual). Gonna be 72F here and will likely use small wooly buggers and attractor dries to try to entice a big guy to eat...
dudewheresmyplug

FlyrodC wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 11:18 am Jay, if it's in the same timeline in November, I'll be there. Coming down 11/2-11/17. PS - post a link if you and Evan do a monthly report. Enjoy listening to the discussion.
Awesome! Look forward to you being there! New report will be out tomorrow night!
dudewheresmyplug

FlyrodC wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 11:21 am Also, today I'm fishing a small creek today on a ranch that a friend of mine owns. The creek feeds the Beaverhead River and has some surprisingly nice Browns in it (18" is not unusual). Gonna be 72F here and will likely use small wooly buggers and attractor dries to try to entice a big guy to eat...
Post some pics if you do any good!!
dudewheresmyplug

Just a Reminder This Thursday at Glory Days Grill!! We will be in the Legendary room on the right side of the establishment!
dudewheresmyplug

Tonight!!
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Y’all have some fun. Haven’t been able to make one of these yet. Hope to make one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Tomorrow at 6 for food/beer with tying at 7. Glory Days on Capitol Circle.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

If anybody attending has a half-dozen saltwater streamers that they are willing to trade for 20 classic Al Brunell (Google him) Oregon Steelhead flies, let me know and I will be at the meeting.
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

GaryDroze wrote: February 9th, 2022, 1:59 pm If anybody attending has a half-dozen saltwater streamers that they are willing to trade for 20 classic Al Brunell (Google him) Oregon Steelhead flies, let me know and I will be at the meeting.
What are you looking for exactly Gary?
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Any wet fly that a redfish or seatrout might mistake for a mudminnow (killifish aka bull minnow OR banded killifish aka tiger minnow). My rig is a 7wt, with slow sinking line.

Not sure anybody has use for my steelhead flies (not too many salmon around here!) but they are pretty.
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

I could tie you up some clousers, deceivers, and a few other redfish patterns that will work. PM me if interested. Wouldn’t be done by tonite, but probably next week.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Super! I'll trade you my box of 20 classic Oregon steelhead flies for a handful of streamer patterns. Will be in touch! No rush, I won't need them until the next CCA tourny starts in May.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

So what you guy tie ? Show some fluff :o