MG Trolling Motor paint?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

MG Trolling Motor paint?

Post by silverking »

Anyone have a link to a source for MotorGuide saltwater trolling motor touch-up paint? I have an Xi5 that needs a little touch-up after oyster rash. Can't get the local TM Service Center to return calls. Number I have is 264-8080. Bill Neal sold the business and retired.

Finish is an off-white, almost light cream shade. Haven't been able to match it with OB engine spray paint or from the home improvement stores. Also tried BPS and looked on-line at West Marine.

Thanks in advance for any leads.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: MG Trolling Motor paint?

Post by silverking »

Per a suggestion on another forum, I bought a can of Krylon Appliance Epoxy spray paint. Color match was close enough since I painted the entire bullet and shaft housing.

$5.99 @ Ace Hardware in case anyone else needs to touch up their trolling motor.

Never did get a call-back from the TM Service Center. Not sure if the number I have is valid anymore.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Mine is more bright white and during the removal of the sheared pin prop, I scratched a little more than the oysters did. So I sanded it down around the edges and got it smooth and used a oil based enamel and a brush with about 5 coats. Looks fine. We'll see how it holds up, but after the corrosion my last one got, I am gonna try to keep paint on the metal on this one.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
bkseller

Post by bkseller »

I have the same problem with peeling paint (unit is about 5 yrs old and out of warranty) and I want to repaint the motor. Motor Guide tech support has always been great so I called them to try and figure out the paint color. Tech told me it is Mercury Warm Fusion White, part # 8M0094987 (might be same white that is used on the Verado outboards?). Anyway, I found it on Boats.net so I ordered a can. Will have to see if it matches after I receive it.