Lanark Boat Ramp parking.

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rockyg

Lanark Boat Ramp parking.

Post by rockyg »

The latest news at the Lanark Boat Club can be summed up as "parking problems". The lot next door has been sold and blocked off, creating a bit of chaos at the ramp. Suffice to say the new loading/unloading pattern will be a challenge on a busy weekend. It's a pull-in and then do a full 360 to get lined up with the ramp. It will be challenging. The loss of roughly 20 of the shady parking spots will be sorely missed. Big offshore rigs would do best to keep going to Carrabelle. Fishing just seems to get harder and harder. :hammer:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
FishWithChris

Re: Lanark Boat Ramp parking.

Post by FishWithChris »

Pulled in Saturday for the CAST for Kids event and was surprised, looks like for anything of size it's going to be more challenging. No idea where everyone is going to park if the lodge nextdoor isn't open for parking.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Lanark Boat Ramp parking.

Post by MudDucker »

I launch my 24' Proline out of there and it is doable, but requires care to swing. Even this early, parking lot in the club house lot is getting full.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!