Ethanoled

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Ethanoled

Post by onefishtwofish »

I got ethanoled. Not really my fault as the boat had the problem prior to me getting it. My boat guy said that Mercury lines have silicone and are bad to react with the ethanol. He rerigged my fuel lines and changed out the filters and the jets were pumping clear gas. Said the carbs were not damaged, so he wants me to test it out to make sure all runs well. All considered, we caught it early and it shore could have been worse.

Ethanol. :smt011 :smt010

Not many places left without it. I reckon I will frequent them until everything goes that way. Just a matter of time.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Re: Ethanoled

Post by CSMarine »

I've done ran out of places to buy real gas in my two areas that I hang out, Perry and Sylvester. Had to buy my first can of Seafoam the other day. $10.00 for 16 oz.
One oz. per gallon. Great... another expense to have to incur to go fishing. :smt011 "Price ya gotta pay" I guess.

salute2
Semper Fi
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Lou's Bait & Tackle in Sopchoppy has one pump with ethonal and one without "clearly posted" :thumbup: the non-ethonal is more expensive, but sure beats a fuel problem :-D :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

That's the same place that sells Model A springs for worm grunt'n aint it?? :wink:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Ifin ya won't one :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

I got some starbrite startron from Walmart the other day. 7 or 8 bucks for the bottle. 2 ounces per 16 gallons initially and 1 per after. I can't find a single bad thing on the net about it. Honestly the only ethanol free gas i have been able to buy is at Fish Camp in St. Marks. Up here it's all got it in it. I really haven't had any issues either. Knock on wood! :smt021 So either the seafoam and startron and stabil really works or I've been lucky.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

The last station that I know of here in Valdosta bite the dust and started selling ethanol add in gas only. He was a muscle car enthusiast and held out for a while. Now, if I want it, I have to go and buy av gas at the airport.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Blue Sta-Bil is your friend.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
georgiasportsman

Post by georgiasportsman »

For the Albany folks - you can get 100% gasoline with no ethanol from the little gas station in Putney beside the post office on Radium Springs Road. The owner said he is paying a little more to keep from getting ethanol. I told him that if he would keep it that way I would stop and fill my boat and truck every trip south. If you are taking 19 south out of Albany it is only about 1 mile out of the way. Turn right on Antioch.
stonewall

Post by stonewall »

Thanks for the Albany info georgiasportsman. By the way the bay stealth IS a WET RIDE in rough water.
blue22

Post by blue22 »

anywhere in tallahassee where you can get non ethanol?
Swampbugs

Post by Swampbugs »

In Tally the only place I know of is the little store that sells bait on Hwy 20 a couple miles outta town on the way to Talquin.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Costco on Mahan is still ethanol free, correct? That's where we fill.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
kneeknocker

Post by kneeknocker »

Costco now has a sign that says contains 10% ethanol. The lady there this morning said that all Florida gas must contain ethanol she said that a new law was passed that took affect on June 1.
TEAM NO FLUKE!!!
carramar
Site Sponsor

Post by carramar »

We can still buy non-ethanol fuel but we pay more and have to order a week in advance. They call it recreational gas. Because of the extra expense and the planning required it's going to be difficult to get anywhere but marinas.