Boat price advice?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Swampbugs

Boat price advice?

Post by Swampbugs »

Wondered if you guys could give me a ball park for what I should charge for a Gheenoe I'm selling. I just upgraded. Had a guy stop by and ask how much I wanted and I had no idea where to even start. It's about 7 years old, in good shape, nothing wrong with it, 13' 9", with trailer. It's got an old Johnson 9.9 on it that has been rebuilt and runs great. All the ones I found online for sale either had a 4 stroke on em, or didn't have a motor. And I got it originally from an uncle when he upgraded so I don't really know how much it's worth. I'm also throwing in an old mincota trolling motor. Thanks!
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Re: Boat price advice?

Post by Tom Keels »

Tom Keels
Site Founder

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

www.nadaguides.com is a good starting point. You plug in the make, model, power, options and accessories and it gives a basic price range. Still doesn't account for condition, etc. but it's a good place to start.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

You'll need to put it together in 3 pieces...1 for the Gheenoe, then do one for the motor and the last for the trailer, then add together for a package deal benchmark.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

Is it a gheenoe or a look alike. Gheenooes bring a little mo monies normally. but a boat is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.
Swampbugs

Post by Swampbugs »

Thanks guys. Yes, it is a real gheenoe.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

any pics? are you in Tallahassee?

I have buddy that has been looking for one and will tell you at least what he is willing to pay for it :D
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Swampbugs

Post by Swampbugs »

I'll post some pics this weekend.