Triton Aluminum Boats

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Triton Aluminum Boats

Post by Ron Wilson »

Anyone have any experience with Triton aluminum boats? I'm going to look at a 2070 and am wondering if anyone has any input to the ride, quality, etc.

Thanks in advance.
"Plan for the worst."
redbelly7

Re: Triton Aluminum Boats

Post by redbelly7 »

I have a Triton 1657 stick steer and I love it! It's a little rough ride on the flats, but if not for that, I'd fish out of it more often down at Icky. I take the Pathy down there mostly. I use it for getting catfish and crappie on the Flint mainly. I do wish it was a better ride in rough water, but it can handle some skinny water and is a tough boat.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Thanks RB. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

I had a 2070 that I sold earlier in the year. Hated to let it go but my physical condition has just about stopped me from doing much of anything. That being said, it served me well. Had a 115 optimax on it which was the best motor I ever owned. Power pole, all electronics ect. Great for fishing Stony for reds to Inky for trout. Just a tough fishing boat.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Thanks Sundown. Interestingly enough, the 2070 I looked at was only rated for a 90 HP. I had to look twice to ensure I was reading that right. Would have thought a 115 would be the max for that boat.
"Plan for the worst."