Great Deal on Sonar/GPS Combo

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rob4auburn

Great Deal on Sonar/GPS Combo

Post by rob4auburn »

I bought this Garmin GPS/Sonar unit back at Christmas when it was on sale at BP from $350 to $300. Then I saw this price at West Marine on sale for $250 and I took it back to BP and got a refund for the difference. It is on sale again at WM.

I can't tell you how happy I am with this unit. I have been out in the boat three times now and it does great (2005 Scout 175 SF). I get good depth readings at full throttle. It has time, speed, temp., etc. The sonar is great for seeing fish and structure. The GPS is just what I need for tracking along and seeing the mean depths up ahead. Previously I had a cheapo depth finder that would not work faster than 7-8 mph and I had a hand held GPS. Pretty awkward when running on the water.

I can't recommend this unit more highly. For the price, I think it is a great deal. It does include the transducer for that price. I ma looking forward to getting on the flats with it this spring. Will make for an easier day navigating.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/garmin--e ... --17397761
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Great Deal on Sonar/GPS Combo

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

I have one and like it also. Really like the down view sonar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

I highly recommend going to Bass Pro and buying the 7 inch version for $399. Its a steal.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Another satisfied 44DV owner. Great unit, especially when you have limited mounting space like I do.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
deer30084

Post by deer30084 »

I have the EchoMap54DV. I'm always losing depth reading at full throttle. If you don't mind and have time, please post a photo of your transducer mounted. Thank you.