Late shout out to big CC at St Marks

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

boomhauer

Late shout out to big CC at St Marks

Post by boomhauer »

I'm swallowing my pride to right this, but the Capt of the big "Challenger" CC is owed it. A few weeks ago while idling back to the dock at the Fort ramp i got distracted by crew (My fault) as I angled across the river. As everyone knows, weekends during scallop season can be a zoo. Anyhow, I suddenly heard some loud voices, i looked around the crew member standing in front of the console of my flats boat just in time to see that I was about to cross the bow of a big CC also at idle. He was doing everything right. I turned the bow and hit reverse, but still bounced off his 1/4 bow pretty good. The whole thing was my fault and very scary. I tried to apologize the best I could, but all the other Capt kept doing was asking if my daughter was ok...... we were. He showed extreme grace for my screw up, first in 35 years of driving boats.
Maybe some judgment came on me for complaining about the boats running on plane through the scallop fleet????

Good to know there are some good folk out there.

BTW.... At the rear location where boat make stickers are located, it said Challenger.... Dont know if that was the name or make.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Late shout out to big CC at St Marks

Post by Salty Gator »

Way to own it . Bad things happen , it's how you handle it. The other captain sounds like a class act :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Glad no one got hurt. None of us are perfect!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

MudDucker wrote:Glad no one got hurt. None of us are perfect!
Well, none of you anyways! :lol:

Sounds like a class act.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Taking nothing away from the other Captian but I would imagine your attitude set the pace. Seems two nice people bumped into each other but don't it make you feel like a jerk! If only we could " do over ".
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP