Trailer Hub

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TomParis
Site Sponsor

Trailer Hub

Post by TomParis »

I ruined my bearings and hub on my boat trailer. I was hoping I could pick this up and be back up and running, but I see they sell two sizes and I am not sure how to tell what size mine is. I have the old hub but its in bad shape. Do you guys think this will work?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produc ... _vc=-10005

Image20160918_162831 by TomParisOBC, on Flickr

Image20160922_162634 by TomParisOBC, on Flickr
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
hambric85

Re: Trailer Hub

Post by hambric85 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there an inner race still on it? If so, do your best to knock it off without scarring the spindle. Try heating it and splash oil on it then knock it off. Heat the race not the spindle. Then clean it with Emory cloth and very fine paper (1k) then get new parts and rebuild!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

the two different sizes are the outer diameter of the bearing. if you have a 1" spindle either will fit, but the bearing and the hub need to match
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I'd take the old bearing and hub to wherever you are going to buy the parts, they should be able to measure them and get you the right ones. I used Agri-Supply in Tifton.
Yours in the South
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I see you are in Crawfordville - take your old parts and go North on Crawfordville Hwy. until you cross Capital Circle. Lee Trailer Sales will be on your left about a mile North of Capital Circle. The owners are member of this forum and will get you fixed up. :thumbup: Their number is 850 878-0788
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

Thanks Steve, I know exactly where that is, I drive by their business every day and I see they have utility and enclosed trailers didn't know if they helped people with boat trailers etc or if their focus was strictly on sales etc.

Dixie, I have the old hub and the part I believe is called the race but the bearings were destroyed/lost along with my buddy bearing cap.
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
rammerjammer
Site Sponsor

Post by rammerjammer »

call Coastal Trailer in Panacea
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Happened to me, too, Tom. Now I carry a whole new hub and bearing assembly in the truck. Not all that expensive.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Harmsway wrote:Happened to me, too, Tom. Now I carry a whole new hub and bearing assembly in the truck. Not all that expensive.
Lee Trailer Sales has the complete Galv. hub kit for your trailer for $48.00. Pre Assembled and greased ready to go.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

I just started carrying an spare with me a few months ago , it only cost 35.00 for the hub and bearings kit
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

Where did you get your spare from Jim?
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

A local trailer supply in Newberry

if you would like I will get you the phone # the first of the week. My wife wont let me do to much right now since I had the heart attack last sunday but I will over there monday.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

JIm Smith wrote:A local trailer supply in Newberry

if you would like I will get you the phone # the first of the week. My wife wont let me do to much right now since I had the heart attack last sunday but I will over there monday.

That's a heck of way to drop that little piece of news! Glad you survived and hope you are on the mend!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!