Chittum skiff

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

hambric85

Chittum skiff

Post by hambric85 »

Has anyone been on one of Hal chittum's skiffs? I'm looking into a chittum or a hb marquesa after I sell my bay. Needing a smaller lighter boat I can handle easier. Also something I can throw a fly rod from. Going back to my roots you could say. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
countrycorners

Re: Chittum skiff

Post by countrycorners »

nope
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

If you get on micro skiff and search there is a guy in Tall. that has a Chittum....bad arse ride $$$$$$$. I also have a friend that can custom build you a skiff right here in our back yard and pretty handy with a flyrod too...check out Harry Spear...call him tell him Chris sent you.....http://spearflatsskiffs.com/
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Gulf Coast wrote:If you get on micro skiff and search there is a guy in Tall. that has a Chittum....bad arse ride $$$$$$$. I also have a friend that can custom build you a skiff right here in our back yard and pretty handy with a flyrod too...check out Harry Spear...call him tell him Chris sent you.....http://spearflatsskiffs.com/
Your friend builds a good looking boat Chris. :thumbup:
Gatorgrizz27

Post by Gatorgrizz27 »

Saw a Chittum pulling into Southwood one day, tried to find the guy to ask him about it but never did. Honestly, I don't think that boat is necessary up here in our area. We are lucky that the reds aren't super spooky and we don't have to make long runs. Put in where you want and you can literally be catching fish off the boat ramp.

The downside is that you really need a small boat and a big boat if you want to take advantage of all the opportunities we have around here. I've been meaning to go meet Harry Spear one day, he seems like a really great guy. The Glades X would be perfect for the areas I enjoy fishing with a fly rod, I'm working on building a similar skiff that is slightly more versatile.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Yes, there is at least one Chittum in town. Beautiful craft and the pinnacle of technology and workmanship. Friend of mine owns it and he fishes for tarpon to reds. Is a skiff like that necessary? No, you can catch fish out of a 14-foot jon boat and many do. But it sure is nice and there are several places where the reds are spooky and any amount of extra stealth can help get you into casting range.

Harry builds some cool skiffs and I hear he's working on a larger one that is multi-purpose, like the Chittum. Or if someone is in the market, they could buy a Beavertail Mosquito and do it all. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Spear boats do have a good reputation.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
hambric85

Post by hambric85 »

Decided to wait and see what harry spear comes up with. I need to go see him soon and hopefully he'll take for a test ride on his prototype.

Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

hambric85 wrote:Decided to wait and see what harry spear comes up with. I need to go see him soon and hopefully he'll take for a test ride on his prototype.

Yeah 70-80 K has that effect of most people..... :smt005