AGP Marina Ramp

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

AGP Marina Ramp

Post by LucWilliams »

Anybody know when they are open this time of year? Is the ramp open to the public and can you launch any time? Ramp fee? Is the ramp in good shape to launch on a negative low? Thanks!
Vitz

Re: AGP Marina Ramp

Post by Vitz »

The ramp is open to the public, 24/7 and there is no fee. However, there is no public parking anywhere so you have to have a house or somewhere to store your truck/trailer. I've never tried putting in on a negative low there but I'd think it'd be ok. The only place with any public parking is the sand ramp on Sun n Sand Road at the head of the bay.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Haven't launched there in years, but unless it's been drastically improved (doubtful), it was very dicey unless you had 4-wheel drive. The sand silts over the concrete and it was really tough to get traction, especially on low tide. Same scenario for the Ochlockonee River bridge ramp.

Surf n Sand is somewhat better since the sand is packed hard, but I almost got stuck there once, too. The head of the bay gets really shallow at low and would be really tough with the negative lows coming off the full moon like this weekend.

I've had to pole out the Lanark Boat Club channel on winter lows at times. Safest bet is the city ramp on the Carrabelle River, Luc.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Thanks guys. If there's no parking at marina then I can't launch there anyways. Surf and Sand gets that huge hump (sandy shallow spot) right off the ramp on the negative lows so you can't launch there and we have also almost gotten stuck there as well. If the wind lays off this weekend, we are heading to Mississippi to fish with Muletrain aka Trevor Moncrief. Was looking for a good option of launching in the AGP area for next week but I'll likely just have to work around the big lows, which are later in the morning and not quite as low next week.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

There are a couple of parking spots on the ap ramp before the marina, but it’s tough on a neg tide.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

:thumbup:

Good luck if you go. Fishy water out west. Tell Trevor hi and pass along my best to Dr. Jim Franks.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Towing the Mitzi over or going out in the gheenoe with T? Great guy

Sent from the KetchupPacket
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Towing my daughter Mitzi over there, not towing the skiff. We are planning on taking my Dad's Cast n Blast and fishing out of that and Trevor's Actioncraft if the weather holds up. We need boats that can handle big water a little better than the Mitzi.
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Trevor got sick and wind forecast kept getting worse so we stayed and fished here. One day out of St. Marks on the Cast n Blast with my Dad and then 2 days out of Shell Point on the Mitzi. Saturday at St Marks we threw mirrolures and both days at shell point we were sight fishing with soft plastics. Lots of doubles and we caught tons of trout but we don’t take many pictures with 15-20 inch trout. Yesterday alone my Dad and I had 20 slots and the best part.. they are all still out there! We will be back out Thursday

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Great report and some notable catches. Mitzi looks like she isn't quite sure what to think of that red, while Dad is striking a Frankenstein pose with the sissy bar through his neck. :wink:

Congrats on the beautiful family, Luc. Keep at those reds.