Marsh sand panacea tickets

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

akasephiroth

Marsh sand panacea tickets

Post by akasephiroth »

Been meaning to post sorry for the delay. Saturday we went out at marsh sands in panacea and when we returned from our day on the water we seen Shariff dept placing what appeared to be tickets on every truck parked on the side of the road, for about a mile streach there was trucks and trailers with papers in the driver's wipers. I don't know if these people didn't pay or if it was written for illegal parking. Just a heads up.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Marsh sand panacea tickets

Post by Salty Gator »

Man, that not good. It was as packed as I’ve ever seen it sat and sun in panacea. Like opening day of snapper/grouper/scallop season and Memorial Day combined. Hopefully with some of the other counties opening their ramps back up, it will take some pressure off of the ramps in wakulla co. The business owners are loving it for sure. And think about all that money wakulla co made from all those that didn’t put money in the box, sounds like a pile of cash,,, sorry Franklin co.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
aspicer

Post by aspicer »

They were all warning citations being issued for parking on the bike path. Every single car had one.
bman

Post by bman »

The bike path :roll: What a boondoggle... so much money spent, marsh and grass paced over.
How many bikers will really use it? I have seen some homeless hikers using the new one on 98
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Haven't been over to Mashes Sands for a bit, but I do see walkers, joggers and bikes on the Hwy 98 trail all the time. Fits in with the county's eco-tourism marketing plan and after initial cost the annual maintenance can't be significant. The monies used came from grants and possibly BP settlement money. Folks coming from out of town also spend money at motels and restaurants (in normal times) and some are even in the market to buy second or retirement homes. :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

no more parking at the Keaton ramp either along side the road either.they are putting no parking signs up and don't know whats the consequences if you do as of yet and if its permanent because they sure don't have enough parking without parking along the road come scallop season.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I personally know a lot of folks who use that bike path. I could be the only person who visits both fishing and triathlon forums.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I don't see a ton of people on that path, but every morning and evening there are walkers and joggers and it is nice to have. It also is nice because it gives more room when two large boats meet each other. Rarely see bikes, more golf carts (which are NOT supposed to use it).

I don't think it is a long term problem. That nice new lot is fine for the regular traffic and once things get back to normal it should be fine. A mile stretch? Holy smokes. Like back up the road past the house subdivision? That is crazy.

Barry we shoulda been out there selling sammiches and sweet tea! :smt005 You know where you can park!

I'll be down there this weekend (where both mommas want Mother's day - both wife and daughter!). I'll report on this thread how bad it is.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
edif

Post by edif »

I just hope the Butt Nugget that backed into my trailer at the Newport ramp and broke the light and guide post did it with a new truck i promise it left a MARK !!!
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

edif wrote:I just hope the Butt Nugget that backed into my trailer at the Newport ramp and broke the light and guide post did it with a new truck i promise it left a MARK !!!
I feel your pain. Had someone do that to my bed extender at Shell Point and bent it. Luckily someone got his tag number.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

This weekend they had the law there. Only letting 25 to the beach and only allowing boat launch if there was a slot open to park. No one allowed to launch and park on the road.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?