Strange Evinrude News

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

doomtrpr_z71

Re: Strange Evinrude News

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

silverking wrote:And right before Evinrude pulled the plug, Cox Marine, a British company, announced it was going into production on a 300-hp diesel outboard. It has been in development for awhile.
So I guess the Merc diesel is a rebranded Cox marine? I wonder who will make the small multifuel engines for the us military now.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

They go from making 2strokes to jumping the shark and building hybrid rotax inboard.

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:
silverking wrote:And right before Evinrude pulled the plug, Cox Marine, a British company, announced it was going into production on a 300-hp diesel outboard. It has been in development for awhile.
So I guess the Merc diesel is a rebranded Cox marine? I wonder who will make the small multifuel engines for the us military now.

What? Totally different company. Nothing to do with Mercury.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

silverking wrote:
doomtrpr_z71 wrote:

What? Totally different company. Nothing to do with Mercury.
I thought Mercury had a 300hp diesel outboard coming out too, just figured it might be rebranded like the Mercury motors under 40hp.