Trailer Weight

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Beard

Trailer Weight

Post by Red Beard »

Needing to get my boat trailer weighed so I can get my tag. Does Shields in St.Marks have a scale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Re: Trailer Weight

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

I weighed mine at Waukeenah fertilizer
Badfish

Post by Badfish »

I got mine weighed at the landfill on the parkway. I think Marpan is the closest you will find to St Marks.
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

Wakulla county landfill can do it also.
STMU

Post by STMU »

Most large truck stops have them too. I did mine at the Pilot gas station of I-10 exit on the west side of Tally.
Red Beard

Trailer Weight

Post by Red Beard »

I have to put the boat in the water first, and get the dry weight of the trailer.

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Is it a custom trailer? Most manufacturers will have standard weights on their trailer models.

Pretty sure Shields does not have a scale, but there is a business in St. Marks that does. Someone posted about it awhile back. A search may pop it up or the poster may see this and respond.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

I got mine weighed in St Marks at a place at the end of Terminal Rd but it was awhile ago. https://goo.gl/maps/BvZQBzQFYS6pAaZT8
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Can you use the GVWR minus the Maximum Capacity of the trailer to give you the trailer weight. It should be on the manufacturer’s plate on the trailer.
Red Beard

Trailer Weight

Post by Red Beard »

The trailer plate has fallen off somewhere through the years and wasn’t there when I purchased it. Wasn’t sure if it was Shields exactly, the woman at the tag office said it was a place in St. Marks. Hard to understand with a mask.

The tag office wants the trailer weight before I can get my tag. So was hoping for a spot near the water so it could be a quick process.

I may just have the wife drop me off in the water and have her take it to the scales at the dump.

Thanks y’all.